Vero Beach Residents Seriously Hurt in Auto Accident
An accident in Indian River County has left one resident of Vero Beach dead and two others injured.
In late January 2017 a 2000 Suzuki driven by 54-year-old Thomas Dickerson was heading down 27th Avenue Southwest with passenger, 48-year-old Milena Rios. The vehicle unexpectedly veered into oncoming traffic at 16th Street Southwest just after 10pm.
Driver Succumbs to Injuries, Others Seriously Hurt
The Suzuki driven by Dickerson hit another vehicle driven by 22-year-old Austin Hanon. Dickerson unfortunately succumbed to his injuries and died at the scene.
Rios and Hanon were both seriously injured in the crash. Hanon was transported to the Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute.
How an Attorney Can Help with a Car Accident
A personal injury attorney can be as involved as a client chooses them to be. Depending on the complexity of your case, a car accident attorney can help with the following:
- Obtain evidence proving liability in a car accident claim (including visiting the scene, speaking with investigating police officers and witnesses, reviewing photographs of the accident, etc.)
- Handle all communications with the other driver’s insurance company
- Organize your medical bills and records
- Communicate and work with health care providers to gather missing medical records and to make sure that the medical information necessary to prove damages in your claim are provided
- Compile, organize and present evidence to prove liability and damages
- Negotiate the best settlement with the insurance adjuster or the defense attorney
Should you can handle your own car accident claim?
Smaller cases usually do not require the expertise of a car accident lawyer. If your injuries are insignificant, will not result in long term disability and the case is straight forward, it may be possible for you to handle a car accident claim on your own.
As a general rule, if your medical bills are more than $2500 or if you have missed work for more than one week, you should hire a car accident lawyer to handle your claim.
The benefits of engaging attorneys from The Law Offices of Keith Bregoff, P.A. to be your car accident injury advisors are significant. Our accomplished attorneys will fight tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you need to secure your emotional, physical and financial well-being.
We offer free consultations to anyone who has suffered any kind of personal injury. To discuss your case today, please call us in Vero Beach at (772) 492-8967.