Traumatic Brain Injuries Attorney in Vero Beach, FL
Successful Legal Guidance for Traumatic Brain Injuries Victims in Vero Beach, FL
At the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff, our experienced traumatic brain injury attorney in Vero Beach, FL has represented countless personal injury victims and their families with tremendous success over the past 25 years.
We understand that traumatic brain injuries are unique to the person who is suffering from the accident that caused their complications. It is our goal to help each client we represent with precision and detail to deliver a successful outcome, as it relates to their personal case. We can help you, too.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Explained
Traumatic Brain Injuries, or TBI, are caused by a jolt, blow, or bump to the head that disrupts the normal function of the brain.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, traumatic brain injuries are a chief cause of disability and death in the United States, contributing to over 30% of all injury fatalities.
In depth statistics provided by the CDC include:
- 153 people in the US die each day from harm that includes traumatic brain injuries
- Approximately 2.8 million TBI related injuries and deaths occur in the United States each year
- An estimated 329,290 children (under the age of 19) were treated in U.S. emergency departments for sports and recreation-related injuries that included a diagnosis of concussion or TBI
What Are the Leading Causes of TBI?
Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by many events, including:
- Falls: 47%
- Motor vehicle accidents: 19%
- Being struck by or against an object: 14%
- Other: 20%
- Sports injuries
What Are the Complications Associated with Traumatic Brain Injuries?
The Mayo Clinic states that traumatic brain injuries can cause temporary dysfunction in the brain, with more serious cases causing bleeding, bruising, torn tissue, and other physical damage that cause long term complications, or even death.
The states of TBI can include:
- Minimally conscious state
- Vegetative state
- Locked-in syndrome
- Brain death
Traumatic brain injuries can lead to complications that cross each segment of a person’s capacities, including:
Behavioral complications can include:
- Difficulty in social situations
- Difficulty with self-control
- Inaccurate self-image
- Lack of awareness of abilities
- Risky behavior
- Verbal or physical outbursts
Cognitive complications from traumatic brain injuries can include trouble with:
- Attention or concentration
- Beginning or completing tasks
- Speed of mental processing
Communication complications can include:
- Difficulty speaking or writing
- Difficulty understanding speech or writing
- Inability to organize thoughts and ideas
- Trouble following conversations
Emotional complications can include:
- Changes in self-esteem
- Lack of empathy for others
- Mood swings
Physical complications from can include:
- Blood vessel damage
- Fluid buildup
- Lack of sense of smell
- Loss of facial sensation
- Nerve damage
- Paralysis of facial muscles
- Trouble swallowing
- Vision impairment or loss
Recognizing the Signs of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, and believe you may have taken a hit or blow to the head, the U.S. National Library of Medicine provides a list of symptoms to look for in traumatic brain injuries, and warns that some symptoms may take days or weeks to appear.
Some signs of traumatic brain injuries can include:
- Dilated eye pupils
- Inability to awaken from sleep
- Neck pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Weakness or numbness in the arms and legs
It is important to seek medical care for a head injury immediately after it occurs, or as soon as symptoms appear.
How Can the Law Office of Keith Bregoff Help Traumatic Brain Injury Victims?
Our accomplished traumatic brain injury attorney has helped countless Florida victims and their families overcome the hardships of debilitating personal injuries, including TBI. Our exacting approach to understanding your overall medical needs – now, long-term, and life-long – allows our solution-focused legal methods to deliver results. When we pursue the party who caused your TBI, we will do so with precision and gusto, seeking the best financial recovery available for your case.
Contact Our Experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Vero Beach, FL Today
If you or a loved one is struggling with a traumatic brain injury, and the costs associated with its care, contact our accomplished attorney in Vero Beach, FL today at (772) 492-8967. With a single call, we will schedule a free consultation where we will record the details of your case, and outline solutions to ease your financial struggle so you can focus on getting the care you need. Call us now and we will begin reviewing your case, and its next steps right away.
Experienced Injury Lawyer Helping Victims of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Vero Beach
The health of the brain is central to who we are and how we move. When brain health is threatened or brain function is permanently altered, brain injury victims’ lives may never be the same. Not only can these injuries require costly care and rehabilitation; they can alter every aspect of how we perceive and interact with the outside world.
Florida victims of traumatic brain injuries from accidents caused by another person’s negligence deserve financial support for the costs of their injuries, compensation for their pain and suffering, and, in some cases, punitive damages to punish the willful behavior of the at-fault party. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury in a Florida accident, find out if you have a right to money damages through a personal injury lawsuit by contacting the seasoned and trial-ready Vero Beach personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff for a free consultation.
Types of traumatic brain injury
Different forms of traumatic brain injury (also known as TBI) can cause injuries with varying levels of severity:
- Concussions are the most common, and the mildest, form of TBI. Concussions are often caused by a sudden impact, such as in a serious motor vehicle accident, or by a blow suffered by a fall or sports injury. Victims need medical treatment for concussion injuries, but tend to make a full recovery.
- Contusions occur when the victim suffers an internal bleed on the brain as the result of a violent blow. These injuries can cause serious brain damage, depending on the location of the bleed.
- Penetration injuries result from an object, such as a piece of metal or bullet, entering the skull and piercing the brain. These injuries can disable large sections of the brain, impairing a victim’s memory or their ability to speak, move, or engage in higher-level thinking.
Providing care after a traumatic brain injury
Brain injury victims often need prolonged, costly care as they recover from their injuries. This care may include:
- In-home care
- Physical therapy
- Numerous surgical procedures
In addition to covering the costs of treatment, families of TBI victims must also cover the costs of the lost wages of the injury victim, who may never be able to return to the work they did prior to their injury. Traumatic brain injury victims in Florida need the help of a dedicated and determined personal injury lawyer to get the money damages they need and deserve after an accident. The Stuart brain injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff have been providing legal assistance to brain injury victims and their families for years, helping them get the money they’re entitled to receive after an accident. Let us assist you in filing a claim for damages after an accident, so you can focus on recovery.
Get Experienced, Professional Legal Representation after a Traumatic Brain Injury Accident
After a Florida car, truck or motorcycle accident causes you or your loved one to suffer a traumatic brain injury, get a free consultation on your options for recovery by contacting the Vero Beach Law Offices of Keith Bregoff for a free consultation at 772-492-8967.