Why You Should Talk to An Attorney After a Rear-End Vehicle Collision in Florida
Unfortunately, rear-end vehicle crashes are among the most common types of collisions, accounting for nearly 30% of all traffic accidents in the U.S., according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Our Indian River County personal injury attorney knows these crashes are more than just common, but also typically preventable.
Here is what Florida residents need to know when their vehicle is hit from behind by another driver.
Most Rear-End Accidents in Florida Are Caused by Negligence
There are multiple reasons why one driver may collide with the vehicle in front of it, and most of them involve reckless driving.
Some of the most common causes of rear-end collisions in Florida may include:
- Aggressive driving and road rage.
- Distracted driving, including texting or looking down at a cellphone or other electronic device while behind the wheel.
- Drivers fail to recognize a stopped vehicle in front of them.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fatigued or drowsy driving.
- Speeding or driving too fast for the road and/or weather conditions.
If you have been injured in a rear-end crash in Florida that was caused by a negligent driver, contact our skilled Vero Beach car accident attorney today to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the liable party for your financial recovery needs.
Rear-End Accident Injuries May Be More Serious Than You Think
When rear-end accidents occur, they often happen at lower speeds, which may lead to the vehicle’s occupants discounting the severity of their injuries.
Common injuries associated with rear-end crashes can be severe, even if their symptoms are not immediately identified by the victim.
- Airbag and seatbelt injuries.
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Neck and spine injuries.
- Tendon, ligament, and nerve damage.
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries.
It is important to seek medical care immediately after an accident — even if you do not believe you are hurt. The resulting injuries may not be life-threatening, but they can require lengthy medical treatment and extended time away from work. You should not have to pay for those, or any other accident-related expenses, out of your pocket. We can help. s
Contact Our Skilled Vero Beach Personal Injury Lawyer to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver in Florida, contact our experienced car accident lawyer in Vero Beach at the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff today by calling (772) 492-8967 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
We can protect your rights from the beginning and help build your case for success.