Close Menu
Former Insurance Company Attorney with Over 25 Years of Trial Experience

The Opposing Side's Knowledge Working for You

Do I Have a Viable Florida Car Accident and Injury Claim?

At the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff, P.A., our car accident attorney in Vero Beach knows that getting hurt in a Florida vehicle collision can be a confusing time for anyone, especially when the crash was caused by a negligent driver.

When another driver runs a red light or is driving while impaired and collides with another driver, they change lives without notice.

Often, the injury victims have no idea what to do next. We can help.

Once you have received the proper medical care, our personal injury attorney in Indian River County will walk you through the legal process, so you know right away whether you have a viable car accident claim.

Here is what Florida motorists need to know about their legal rights and options after a car crash.

A Negligent Driver Caused Your Florida Vehicle Collision

If a negligent driver caused your car crash and injuries, we would pursue their insurance provider for your complete financial recovery.

Even if you were partially at fault for the collision, Florida’s comparative fault law allows the injured party to collect damages that are proportional to their percentage of fault.

For instance, if you were 20% at fault for the crash, you could pursue the other driver for 80% of your financial recovery needs. The scale will slide accordingly, but if you are found to have an equal or higher percentage of fault than the other party (50% or more), you may not be able to pursue financial recovery from their insurance policy.

You Sustained Serious Injuries in Your Florida Car Accident

If you have been injured in a Florida car accident and required medical care, you are going to be billed by the healthcare facility for those services. The more severe your injuries, the higher the bills.

If you are required to take time away from work because of your injuries, you may not get paid for the time you are off. If you sustained significant injuries, you may require weeks or months away from work without pay.

If someone else is liable for your crash and the resulting injuries, you should not have to pay for those damages out of your pocket.

Our skilled car accident attorney in Vero Beach will help you collect the evidence to support your claim for economic damages, including medical records, hospital bills, pay stubs, tax returns, and receipts for necessary replacement services.

Your Accident & Injuries Happened Within the Past Four Years

While the earlier you can pursue a personal injury claim the better, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident and injury claim in Florida is four years from the date of the crash.

It is important to know that all Florida vehicle collisions are unique and will require meeting a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who can review the circumstances surrounding the crash to determine how you should proceed.

Contact Our Skilled Vero Beach Personal Injury Lawyer to Schedule a Free Consultation

If you have been injured in a car accident with a negligent driver in Florida, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers in Vero Beach at the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff today by calling to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. We can protect your rights from the beginning and help build your case for success.

Auto Accident Contents:

The Law Offices of Keith Bregoff PA - 2017 - 2022
Contact Form Tab

QuickContact