Car Accidents Due to Weather
Achieve Success with our Experienced and Dedicated Vero Beach, FL Car Accident Attorney
According to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles, there are over 200,000 car accidents in Florida each year. At the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff, our Vero Beach, FL attorney provides exceptional legal representation for those who have been injured in these car accidents, no matter the cause or condition of the case.
Car accidents due to weather are a leading cause of crashes and injuries in Florida, and our accomplished attorney provides experienced solutions to receiving compensation for your injuries – even when the weather is to blame for your collision.
What Causes Weather-Related Crashes in Florida?
The United States Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration records statistics on weather-related crashes each year, defining them as accidents that occur in adverse weather.
In the State of Florida, adverse weather conditions can include:
Each of these conditions can dictate the safety of road conditions, including:
- Traffic flow
- Roadway infrastructure
- Pavement friction and traction
- Vehicle performance, maneuverability and control
- Lane obstruction from debris or submersion from high water
- Traffic signal timing
- Speed control
- Driver coordination, capabilities and behavior
If you are involved in a car accident due to weather, our accomplished attorney can help you understand the laws that pertain to these unpredictable and dangerous conditions. Being injured in an accident requires medical care and financial support that should not come out of the injured party’s pocket. Our attorney can help design a positive legal approach to achieving compensation for your injuries so you can recover fully.
How Common Are Car Accidents Due to Weather?
Weather conditions dictate driving behavior on streets and highways throughout the United States. The US Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides key statistics on just how common car accidents due to weather are on our roads.
These statistics include:
- With an average of nearly six million vehicle accidents in the US each year 22% – nearly 1.3 million – are weather-related
- Weather-related crashes account for almost 6,000 fatalities, and nearly 450,000 injuries each year
- 73% of weather-related crashes occur on wet pavement
Over ten-year period, weather related crashes accounted for:
- 1,258.978 crashes, or 22% of vehicle crashes
- 445,303 injuries, or 19% of crash injuries
- 5,897 fatalities, or 16% of crash fatalities
In the State of Florida, wet pavement, rain, and fog are all common contributing factors in car accidents due to weather. The statistics provide a sobering look at just how common these accidents are throughout the nation.
Wet pavement accounts for:
- 907,831 crashes, or 73% of all weather-related crashes
- 352,221 injuries, or 80% of weather-related injuries
- 4,488 fatalities, or 77% of weather related fatalities
Rain accounts for:
- 573,784 crashes, or 46% of all weather-related crashes
- 228,196 crashes, or 52% of all weather-related crashes
- 2,732 fatalities, or 47% of all weather-related crashes
Fog accounts for:
- 28,533 crashes, or 3% of all weather-related crashes
- 10,448 crashes, or 3% of all weather-related crashes
- 495 fatalities, or 9% of all weather-related crashes
At the Law Offices of Keith Bregoff, our Vero Beach, FL car accident attorney successfully handles cases where the weather is the contributing factor to your crash and the resulting injuries. We can help rebuild your health, financial standing, and replace damaged property by building a case that delivers evidence, statistics, and legal standing that weather-related car accidents are a serious cause that requires recovery through compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have been involved in a car accident due to weather, our accomplished Vero Beach, FL attorney can help with a single phone call to (772) 492-8967. Call today to schedule a free consultation, and understand how you can recover from your weather-related accident quickly and effectively.